Poodee

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Chicken Choker

A group of us went to Stroud's for dinner last night. Their slogan is "We choke our own Chickens". So, it is fitting that they serve a drink called the Chicken Choker. We are not sure what all of the ingredients were - definitely pineapple juice, and whatever the liquor was, there was a lot of it in there!

The restaurant reminded me of a good ole supper club back home. I don't think the rest of my group appreciated the atmosphere, but they had never heard of a supper club before either. Strouds is famous in KC and it was certainly busy, we waited over an hour for our table.
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger agperp said…

    I've eaten at a Stroud's BBQ place while I was in Portland TN for work - definitely not the same thing - I think I would prefer bbq over chicken livers...

     
  • At 9:14 AM, Blogger Erica said…

    Different restaurant - not a single BBQ item in the joint. But you are right, I would eat BBQ over chicken livers any day too - who wouldn't?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home