Poodee

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

I Just Wanted Happy New Year Cards!


...and instead I bought these really cute pillows for my sofa:) Don't worry, they were half price at Pier One. (Let me know what you think. The picture makes them look a little blah - maybe I need one more pillow in a bright color?)

Okay, so since I am officially out on my own, and failed to send Christmas cards, I thought I could redeem myself and send New Year's cards instead. Great idea, right? Not really because there apparently is no such thing!

The night started out as a harmless trip to Cardsmart to get some Happy New Year! cards. But, nada. Soooo, since I was only 10 blocks from Target...which happens to be in a little mall with a Pier One...you see where this is going.

Don't worry, I didn't give up on my card mission that easily. Even as I was picking out my new delicious smelling peppermint-vanilla candle at Target, I was keeping an eagle eye out for New Year's cards lurking in the 50% off aisles. STILL Nada!

8 Comments:

  • At 3:04 PM, Blogger agperp said…

    P,

    Ever heard of the latte factor? Where you spend more money on buying coffee from starbucks, or Alterra, or wherever just because you spend a couple bucks here and a couple bucks there? I think you suffer from the target factor! You should add up how much you spend @ target and post it. It would be interesting to know! I think we know what we are getting you for all holidays and birthdays in 2006: Target gift cards!

     
  • At 5:56 PM, Blogger Roger-Kelly said…

    Don't feel too bad P, I didn't send any Xmas cards either. And I have some made. I thought about sending some out yesterday, but discovered I only had one postage stamp. Then I thought I could make some New Years cards, and send them out instead, but I didn't get that done either. I guess this will just have to be the cardless Christmas....

     
  • At 6:13 PM, Blogger Roger-Kelly said…

    Oh I forgot to tell you that I LOVE the pillows, or is it pellows?!?!?

    Whatever....

     
  • At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can't belive my life has come to reading your blog on a daily basis. Although it's good stuff, I still consider my life pathetic:)) It's too bitterly cold (35 degrees) to go outside...so I guess that means that I'll stay inside in my pagamas for yet another day. Too bad I had to go to the dentist yesterday - I could have officially broken the X-MAS sweat pants game - the game where you try to see how many days go can go without showering/changing your clothing. X-Mas Senior year still tops it all - 5 days! That's ridicuous....this vacation I made it 2.5 - still crazy!!!

    I have started another game this vacation - it's called how much weight can one person gain in 8 days in Wisconsin - so far 3!!!!! Going on 10!

    Speaking of games, I took Caitlin bowling with Jules and Jerm last night......it's pretty ridicuous when bowling tires you out....the last game my arm was too tired from my HUGE 8 pound ball that I bolwed a 50 something - yeah.

    Well, better jet - more later - I'm actually going to switch houses for a little excitement. I'm also mad - I have to go to the bank today - so that means I have to shower and change - and that I will unfortunately be burning 30 calories from my journey from the car to the teller line.....

    More later!

    By the way - I've been to Target 3 times in the last 3 days - yeah....I think PwC should just make a direct deposit to Target.....it doesn't help that PwC offers me 10% off online - which pays for shipping!!!!

    Nice pillows -

    Love,
    me

     
  • At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    we all like your pillows, P!

    You are not the only one who sends New Year Cards--they are a fine tradition for those who get caught up in everything else before Christmas>

    Happy New Year!

     
  • At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice....

     
  • At 8:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think you should add a magenta pillow to the mix...:)

     
  • At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    actually never mind on the magenta...i didn't see your rug before i posted that! maybe red instead

     

Post a Comment

<< Home