Marceline, MO: Boy Hood Home of Walt Disney
This weekend I travelled to Marceline, MO with my friends Libby, Christina, and Keith. Keith was playing in a rugby tournament up there, so we went along to watch. Marceline is about 2 hours north east of KC. Walt and Roy Disney both grew up there.
The town was kind of odd to me actually - I felt like I was in the movie Big Fish. Everything was Mickey Mouse! Of course the main street through the town was "Main Street USA". We stayed overnight at the Uptown Theatre Bed & Breakfast in the Walt Disney Suite. One of the doors in our suite opened into the old projector room where the theatre was. It was a pretty neat little place & of course I forgot my camera! Of course EVERYTHING was Disney or Mickey.
Really this was one of the first times I have left KC to check out other parts of the state, and it was a very nice mini-vacation.
The town was kind of odd to me actually - I felt like I was in the movie Big Fish. Everything was Mickey Mouse! Of course the main street through the town was "Main Street USA". We stayed overnight at the Uptown Theatre Bed & Breakfast in the Walt Disney Suite. One of the doors in our suite opened into the old projector room where the theatre was. It was a pretty neat little place & of course I forgot my camera! Of course EVERYTHING was Disney or Mickey.
Really this was one of the first times I have left KC to check out other parts of the state, and it was a very nice mini-vacation.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home