Mom Knows Best
The last time mom and dad came to KC, mom got into some poison ivy in my yard. She got into it again a week later on their Mississippi River trip - and it was BAD. She warned me to be careful because she thought she saw some along my fence line.
2 weeks ago, I cleared my fence line and I was just fine. Last Wednesday, however, I noticed the start of a rash. I didn't think of it being poison ivy right away because it had been over a week from the last time I could have come into contact with it. As a precaution, I bought special poison ivy soap and itch cream. It only got progressively worse over the weekend, spreading over my chest, torso, legs, arms, neck, and back.
It was so bad I went to the Dr. on Monday. Apparently, I had some sort of systemic allergic reaction and most of my rash was not directly from the poison ivy. So, I got a steroid shot, am on prescription anti-histamines, and also prednisone for a week. The Dr. thought about antibiotics, but thought I could do without. The pic is of my arm today - I am still a little scary, and it is still all over my body, but this is really 100% better, trust me.
2 weeks ago, I cleared my fence line and I was just fine. Last Wednesday, however, I noticed the start of a rash. I didn't think of it being poison ivy right away because it had been over a week from the last time I could have come into contact with it. As a precaution, I bought special poison ivy soap and itch cream. It only got progressively worse over the weekend, spreading over my chest, torso, legs, arms, neck, and back.
It was so bad I went to the Dr. on Monday. Apparently, I had some sort of systemic allergic reaction and most of my rash was not directly from the poison ivy. So, I got a steroid shot, am on prescription anti-histamines, and also prednisone for a week. The Dr. thought about antibiotics, but thought I could do without. The pic is of my arm today - I am still a little scary, and it is still all over my body, but this is really 100% better, trust me.



1 Comments:
At 3:48 PM,
Anonymous said…
Itch-itch-itch need I say more. I can totally relate. I hope you know which plant in the yard is poison ivy so you can get rid if it. Also make sure to wash your clothes, gloves, etc in hot soapy water to get rid of all the oils from the plant.
Mom
Post a Comment
<< Home