Poodee

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Thats it, I'm moving to Kansas!

So I took off the afternoon to go downtown to get a statement of non-assessment from the County Assessors Office and then go to the DMV to get titled, registered, and driver licensed.

The stop at the County Assessor went very smoothly, it was too easy. I had it in my head that the state of MO had it out for me with all of its inspections, documentation, and paperwork. This would surely be a cake walk.

On to the DMV...

It was a beautiful day today, no need for a jacket even. I breezed into the DMV offices and only had to wait in line for 7 minutes. Not too shabby. I got up to the window and Joanne told me no WI title = no MO title. Argh, I was misled to believe I could show registration OR title to transfer to MO. Because I own my vehicle outright, I need to show BOTH. Guess where the title to my car is? Yup, its back home in WI. So this will have to be delayed for another week. Sorry, insurance lady.

But, look at my new license picture!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:49 PM, Blogger agperp said…

    What a pretty picture! Love, E

     
  • At 7:53 PM, Blogger agperp said…

    You're pretty lucky about such a short wait at the DMV. Wait until you get married, and have to change your name on your SS card. I had to wait an hour and 40 minutes! Everyone was there, people out of jail (Apparently you can't collect disability checks while in jail, but as soon as you get out you can get them to start right back up!), people filing for medicare, people trying to get their names changed, etc.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home