It has been hot hot hot here, in the 90's the past week and now into the weekend. I am not used to this warm and humid weather and as gross as it sounds, my new past time is sweating.
Today I got up and ran 3.5 miles in the 91 degree heat, and then went to relaxing Shawnee Mission Park, not to bike this time, but to lay out in the sun and read What the Bleep Do We Know?. It was a great afternoon and there was a terrific cool breeze coming off the lake which made the heat much more bearable.


I returned home, got cleaned up and went to the Kansas City Dragons pasta dinner fundraiser. They are a local girls high school team and they are raising money to go to nationals in a few weeks.
From there a few of us went to Winslows in River Market to have a couple beers, enjoy the great evening weather and watch a jazz/blues/jam band.
Today I got up and ran 3.5 miles in the 91 degree heat, and then went to relaxing Shawnee Mission Park, not to bike this time, but to lay out in the sun and read What the Bleep Do We Know?. It was a great afternoon and there was a terrific cool breeze coming off the lake which made the heat much more bearable.


I returned home, got cleaned up and went to the Kansas City Dragons pasta dinner fundraiser. They are a local girls high school team and they are raising money to go to nationals in a few weeks.
From there a few of us went to Winslows in River Market to have a couple beers, enjoy the great evening weather and watch a jazz/blues/jam band.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home