Jeepers Peepers!
I had off yesterday and I did not just sit in the house and eat S'more Please! (see below) trying to recover from the rough start to the new year - Okay, that is what I did for the majority of the day, but I did also venture out to get my eyes checked...
And it was worse than I thought. I knew my eyes were B-A-D, but when I could barely make out the top row of the eye chart with my contacts in, I knew my eyes were ridiculous! I couldn't even make out the whole row - my Eye Dr. kindly pointed out that I only got 2 out of 4. Of all the tests I have taken, I never thought I would fail an eye exam!
Things didn't get any better when he told me that I have astigmatisms in both eyes - something that I have never had before. So, instead of having beautiful round eyeballs, I have football shaped ones (or rugby ball shaped as I like to refer to them - I think it sounds better). He said they were "pretty good ones", whatever that means.
Now I have toric lenses. They are weighted and kinda hard to get used to. I have to go back in next week for a follow up to my fitting. I'll keep you updated.

And it was worse than I thought. I knew my eyes were B-A-D, but when I could barely make out the top row of the eye chart with my contacts in, I knew my eyes were ridiculous! I couldn't even make out the whole row - my Eye Dr. kindly pointed out that I only got 2 out of 4. Of all the tests I have taken, I never thought I would fail an eye exam!
Things didn't get any better when he told me that I have astigmatisms in both eyes - something that I have never had before. So, instead of having beautiful round eyeballs, I have football shaped ones (or rugby ball shaped as I like to refer to them - I think it sounds better). He said they were "pretty good ones", whatever that means.
Now I have toric lenses. They are weighted and kinda hard to get used to. I have to go back in next week for a follow up to my fitting. I'll keep you updated.

Can you see it? Can you see the astigmatism?


4 Comments:
At 6:28 PM,
Anonymous said…
...Happy New Year....oh ya, Nice Eye ball....
At 7:46 PM,
agperp said…
Don't they say carrots are good for your eyes? You should eat more of those!
At 7:49 PM,
agperp said…
http://vision.about.com/od/visionnutrition/
At 4:21 PM,
Roger-Kelly said…
Ah yes, I believe that I can just begin to make out that rugby ball in there.
Post a Comment
<< Home