Oh the weather outside is frightful...
At least this is what everyone in Kansas City would lead you to believe tonight. Everyone is FREAKING out because we got some actual snow accumulation today. I left the office at 5 and there were maybe 2.5 inches of snow on the ground. Not too bad, so I walked to the gym. At 6:30 I started my trek home through 3.5 inches of the fluffy stuff. The streets were pretty empty as Kansas City prepared for the great storm of 2005! Oh, did I mention that businesses were closed early today and schools, universities and doctors offices have already been cancelled for tomorrow? Crazy talk! The weather lady did say we may have up to 8 inches by morning, but the snow should stop by 5am. The drama!
The news stations really sensationalize things around here. Believe it or not, they had a reporter "on the scene" yesterday to deliver groundbreaking news that the fire department tried to rescue a duck decoy that passersby thought had gotten frozen into a pond. It was an exclusive story to channel 5. Exclusive + Late Breaking = ratings. To me it equals ridiculous.
Sorry to interrupt, breaking news here on the homefront: I just measured 5 inches of snow outside my door! The television in the background says we haven't had this much accumulation in 27 years!
Maybe I am just jealous - it would have taken an act of God to get a snow day back home. But the plows have been out all day and there has been salt and sand, and I bet everything will be cleared off by the time I start my morning walk.
The news stations really sensationalize things around here. Believe it or not, they had a reporter "on the scene" yesterday to deliver groundbreaking news that the fire department tried to rescue a duck decoy that passersby thought had gotten frozen into a pond. It was an exclusive story to channel 5. Exclusive + Late Breaking = ratings. To me it equals ridiculous.
Sorry to interrupt, breaking news here on the homefront: I just measured 5 inches of snow outside my door! The television in the background says we haven't had this much accumulation in 27 years!
Maybe I am just jealous - it would have taken an act of God to get a snow day back home. But the plows have been out all day and there has been salt and sand, and I bet everything will be cleared off by the time I start my morning walk.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home